Utah Residential Mold Cleanup Specialist
Utah Disaster Kleenup has been performing mold remediation and repair services for 37 years: longer than any other Utah company. We are the mold removal experts. From the moment they set foot in your home, our certified Salt Lake City mold assessment and remediation professionals adhere to the strictest environmental standards, following the stringent protocols and procedures that will help them to not only eradicate your mold problem but to keep your family safe as well.
When To Call A Mold Cleanup Professional?
Mold spores are insidious organic substances that multiply quickly and easily make their way into cracks and crevices where they continue to grow unseen and do damage to underlying structures. Many people make the mistake of assuming that only mature “black mold” is dangerous. The truth is that mold at all stages of growth is potentially harmful, and the sooner you have it professionally removed, the better. Mold thrives where moisture is present; so call us immediately if:
- You have a leaky roof
- You have leaky pipes either inside or outside your home
- If snow melt and poor drainage have damaged your home’s walls or basement
- Any time unnatural levels of moisture are present in the home for any reason
The presence of mold may make family members and even non-allergic people suffer from some very specific reactions that may raise a red flag:
- Sneezing, runny noses, and red and itchy eyes that do not go away in a timely manner
- Skin rashes
- Aggravation of existing upper respiratory ailments and allergies
- Other problems with the nose, throat, and lungs
Mold begins growing within 72 hours under the right conditions: nip it in the bud by calling us if you even suspect that mold, either seen or unseen, could be present. The call is free and the assessment is free: so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting Utah Disaster Kleenup.
Mold Removal & Remediation Process
The EPA sets high standards for mold removal, and Utah Disaster Kleenup adheres to them all. We understand how mold growth can endanger your family’s health and the structural integrity of your home, and we take our job seriously. Therefore, our technicians carefully follow a 5-step process from which they never, ever vary to achieve total mold removal and home repair. Here are UDK’s 5 steps to a safe home.
The most important thing to remember if you see or suspect the presence of mold is: Don’t try to clean it up yourself! Well-meaning homeowners who think they can take care of the problem themselves may instead contribute to it by encouraging the spread of spores. Call UDK right away and we will come out and perform a complete mold assessment for your home complete free of charge. We pride ourselves on our integrity: if our services are not necessary, we will tell you. If your mold problem is slight, we can give you the solutions you need to take care of the issue yourself at no charge. Remember: before doing the job yourself, protect your family by calling us for a free assessment.
Before any kind of mitigation services can be provided, it is essential to isolate and contain the mold contamination to the area in which it is present in order to discourage further growth. If any other mold cleanup company tries to begin mold removal processes before taking containment measures, don’t let them continue and call us instead! All of our UDK technicians are thoroughly trained and experienced in how to keep mold growth to a single area and we never bypass this essential step: we always follow proper procedure and perform due diligence according to EPA standards and regulations.
One of the quickest ways for mold to spread is through the air and via your ventilation system. We use specialized filtration equipment that uses “negative air” technologies and specialized “air scrubbers” to actually prevent air-borne mold from spreading during the removal process. It is a preventive measure that helps to ensure that mold spores remain contained.
Mold Removal & Remediation:
Before proceeding with any of Steps 2-5, UDK technicians must receive written consent from the homeowner to perform any and all mold removal tasks. Our remediation process falls into two categories and the process used will be determined by the severity of the problem and the determinations made during the assessment step.
- Light mold presence-If mold growth is caught early enough, our trained technicians can successfully use chemical treatments on the affected areas without having to remove any existing structural elements in the home.
- More severe cases-If mold growth is advanced or if there are colonies within and behind walls or ceilings or under flooring, it may be necessary to remove problem areas altogether: drywall, carpeting, ceiling tiles, roofing, etc.
Our goal after mold removal is complete is to return your home as closely as possible to its pre-loss condition: like nothing ever happened. All of our repairs are performed by our in-house professionals so you can be sure all repair jobs will be done right and in a timely manner. We will fix:
- Structural elements
- Items requiring finish carpentry work
Why This Process Helps You
- No matter how bad your mold problem is or how extensive the repairs, we will have you back in your home within a week
- Our process ensures that your mold problem due to conditions under which it originated will never come back. Period.
- You can have the peace of mind of knowing that your family and property is no longer in danger from mold growth and that you have been taken care of by the oldest, most respected mold removal company in Utah.
Your call to us and our assessment of your potential or existing mold problem are always FREE. So if you ever have any question at all about whether or not dangerous mold growth is present in your home, call Salt Lake City’s undisputed mold experts at Utah Disaster Kleenup.
To request an estimate, please call our Salt Lake City Mold Removal Team at 801-938-7334, or can send us your contact information>> and we will contact you.